I spend some time this weekend to create a new XBOX Live avatar picture. When you select an existing one this works quite fast, but if you create it by your own … this took more time the expected. Change this a little bit and that and this and that and this … and you are 3 hours later. 😀
Never the less I think it is looking ok now! Hope you like it too! I want to make sure it looks friendly, relaxed and not to old or to young … hah
Some ideas for XBOX OS – one for the new stand alone XBOX without KINECT on how to login easer and quicker. And one for XBOX with KINECT how to easer and quicker switch on / off the KINECT sensor.
By implementing a new INTEGRATE KINECT INTERRUPT
Goal is to create an anytime & anywhere on/off option via pressing the X1-Button and the implementing of a kinectkey to unlock KINECT vs. ticking a selection box somewhere deep down in XBOX options.
Adding an new experience by playing a sound when KINECT is switched on/off for creating emotional connection to the event (… remember firing a booster button in a car game?)
This should also support developers implementing KINECT.
SWITCHING KINECT ON/OFF
– Implement a kinectkey string in options like user passkey
– Anywhere, Anytime interrupt triggered by double click X1
– Button and get prompted for kinectkey (also protect usage for children)
– Play sound feedback when KINECT switched on/off as emotional trigger to deepen experience
– Ensure instand flexible useP.S. Pls. remove the „no kinect“ icon.
LOGIN ALTERNATIVE WITHOUT VISUAL KINECT
– During XBOX system start
– No user is connected on start or new player joins while you are playing
– Anywhere, Anytime interrupt triggered by 3+ Sec. pressing the X1-Button and get prompted for passkey from user
– User can be identified without need to select user name from standard menu
– Ensure instand quick user detection without KINECT visual detection
Come back later as the numbers are constantly updated and refreshed.
Pic. Total global hardware numbers
Pic. Sold this year – year to date hardware numbers
… and to complete my online portfolio, I just have created my own Twitch account now too … tara!
… see you this afternoon xbox.
This is BRILLIANT monolog with Sheldon trying to decide between buying a or a . One of the best parts is the reaction from his girlfriend during the breakfast on trying to bond with him on the wild arguments.
… this is my return to console gaming! The Next-Gen energy really dragged me in !
I love virtual realty and MMORPGs! It is my passion since the Commodore C64 and Amiga (Hitoro was the name of the company founded by Jay Miner invented the Amiga architecture) … do you still know the “flight simulator” Interceptor … then you know what I am talking about.
I stayed within the World of Warcraft Universe for quite some years – but new updates forced you to invest overwhelming to much time in a game. I still believe in real live 🙂 too … So I decided to go back to a great gaming platform I left some years ago – the XBOX. The platform is easy to use, you can quick start, quick connect (if you like) and can quickly move away if other things need more attention.